Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Visual Programs,bad tutorials, and frustration.

During the last week of school we were instructed to review various things in relation to the different tutorials surrounding our dated Photoshop software. The main thing behind it was to allow us a better understanding so thankfully our school had broke the bank and kept us with our “lovely” Photoshop 5.0 and not even the full version just a little flavor of it. Fantastic I thought before I realized that fabulous piece of information, I’d be able to learn how to use a program that I’d be interested in before but never had the skill to do properly.
Well as it turned out the perfect little tutorials they had available were for a higher version of Photoshop while we the lovely traditionalists we are, still use the dated software. So I toiled and I tried I moaned and no I didn’t cry I in a manly fashion exclaimed my distaste for the dated program, various tools didn’t work, different effects were harder than implied. They were great, very informative and most of all easy to understand, however the steps were hard, the tools were virtually unavailable and every little technique seemed to be completely useless that they listed. Lets not even begin to talk about the lovely Corel draw that makes you long for the fantastically current Photoshop, it has so many flaws for doing art work, it’d be like using notepad to write your essay instead of Microsoft word .

No comments: